This first photo shows how the Crystal Color Lacquer looks wet (I used Red) - and then the next day after it's dried, peeled off the mat, with an antique button poked through the center. The color dried more of a bright pink color. This is where the idea of my card started. I'm a flower-nut, so I just kept adding layers of scalloped circles (I used my AccuCut machine and a 4"scallop circle die) cut from an old recycled book, and old sheet of music and some paper towels I had saved from my egg-dying adventure.
After crinkling the layers and spritzing with a little Glimmer Mist, I was satisfied with the flower and moved on to the card layout. I used a bazzill cardstock for the card itself and a torn piece of old sheet music for the background. I adhered the flower and added the scrap piece of "happy HAPPY" ribbon I had in my stash. I printed the words for the sentiment flag using "my underwood" font, cut it out and distressed it a bit with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (as I did on the flower also, along with Spun Sugar Distress Ink). I cut out the flag shape from a plain old paper bag and used Crystal Lacquer to adhere the words onto it. Crystal Lacquer is a great adhesive and I used it to glue on all the elements onto the card.
Close up of the flower.
Thanks for checking out my project for this week.
for more info on projects, check out the Crystal Lacquer blog at www.crystallacquer.blogspot.com
and for ordering products, check out www.sakuracraft.com.
They have great tutorials and ideas as well!