Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fun Flowers with Crystal Lacquer (DT Submission)


I've been having such a wonderful time being a part of a team with a bunch of very talented gals on the Sakura Hobby Craft Design Team.  Our 6 month assignment is almost up and I'm trying out again - I've got my fingers crossed! 

I'm sharing with you today a cute little card I made using a fun technique with Crystal Color Lacquer.  This product is very versatile and really fun to play around with! 

Here are the products I used for this card:
 I used just about all the colors I had from these kits
Pastel Glitter
Country Colors
Primary Colors
Pastel Colors
Gold Flower Stickers from Sparkraft Enterprises
Bazzill cardstock
Printed scrapbook paper
Close to My Heart Stamps
Distress Ink - Spun Sugar
Momento Ink - Black
Tim Holtz Rosette Die
Fiskar's Crimper
White cardsock
Pop Dots
Wooden Skewer
White Ribbon


This whole process started when I was playing around with my Crystal Color Lacquer.  I loved how the colors mixed when I pooled it on my craft sheet, which is a VERY important part of the process - you have to use a craft sheet so the dried lacquer can easily be peeled off!  I made the pools with similar colors, mixed a little bit of 3D Crystal Lacquer (which is clear) in with it and gave it a stir with the end of a paintbrush (it's what I had handy).  You can see how the Glitter Crystal Color Lacquer sparkles, and who doesn't like a little bling!

Here's the dried "skins" of lacquer. They dried overnight, plus a few more hours.  I placed the Gold Flower stickers on them and then cut them out - simple! 


Aren't they pretty?


Here's a close up of the flower I created starting with a die cut rosette made with plain white cardstock.  I wanted the flower to have dimension, so I used the rosette as a base.  I then used pop dots to stack the 3 flowers on top of each other, alternating the 2 large ones so the petals of both would show.  I added a little pearl bling for the flower's center. 
 The card was constructed using 3D Crystal Lacquer as my adhesive - this stuff is awesome and has become  my "go-to" glue.  I crimped the patterned scrapbook paper with a Fiskar's crimper and the 3D Crystal Lacquer worked really well to glue this to the card, which was simply a piece of yellow bazzill cardstock cut and folded.
For the sentiment, I stamped  the background image using Spun Sugar Distress Ink and black ink for the words.  I roughed up the edges a little bit with my distressing tool and glued it on the crimped background paper.  I used a wooden skewer cut to size and glued it inside one of the folds on the rosette - added a little white bow and I was done.

Till next time...stay creative!

You can find 3D Crystal Lacquer, Crystal Color Lacquer and all their other great products at this website:  www.sakuracraft.com
And check out their amazing Blog at www.crystallacquer.blogspot.com!




1 comment:

Proxxon Tools said...

great project. thanks for your submission for the Sakura DT again