Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween Treat Cone

Fall has arrived here on the mountain....leaves are changing color and nights are getting cooler.  Boxes of Fall decorations are being brought out from storage - which means one thing - Halloween!
I adore Halloween decorating (and I must admit the candy!) so I'd thought I would share a Halloween themed post to get a jump on all of Halloween's goodness. 









I used vintage sheets of music for the cone, and old dictionary paper for the flower.  This project is really fun because you can use whatever papers you have on hand to coordinate with any theme you would like!









I used a paint brush to apply Crystal Lacquer to the scalloped edge of the cone and sprinkled it with orange glitter.



After the glitter was dry, I rolled the cone into it's shape and used Crystal Lacquer to adhere it.





To make the flower,  I used 2 scalloped circles of old dictionary paper, crumpled them up several times and sprayed them with several layer of Glimmer Mist. 

I used this little guy for the center of my flower.  Here he is coated in a nice thick layer of Crystal Lacquer.  I sprinkled a little fine clear glitter onto the wet Crystal Lacquer and set him aside to dry.


I used a Tim Holtz stamp for the ticket, stamped it with black Distress Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  To color it, I used Crystal Color Lacquer.  I squeezed a little out in a puddle on the side of the stamped image, and used an old giftcard to scrap it across it.  I used both purple and orange Crystal Color Lacquer.


Here you can see how awesome the ticket turned out.  After it dried, I distressed the edges using a distressing tool and black Distress ink.  I used a Dymo Label Maker to make the "BEWARE" label and stapled it to the flower,  shredded some black paper in my paper shredder and used it to fill the cone.  For the finishing touches, added some black ribbon for hanging and filled it with some candy corn!

Till next time....stay creative!


Please visit Sakura Hobby Craft for more info on their products

Find more creative inspiration at Sakura's Blog


1 comment:

Rea' said...

Love it Karen ... cool flower touch too...